This unique, comprehensive training course is designed to expand the knowledge & skills of staff so they can professionally administer and update WordPress sites.
Expected Training Outcomes
- Understand how to find, leverage and use WordPress functions
- Feel comfortable updating content on a page or post
- Know when you should use a page or a post
- Professionally add or replace an image or posted document
- Crop, resize and optimize images
- Understand how to create and use post categories
Topics and Skills
- Review of WordPress benefits and limitations
- Orientation of Dashboard and key features including CMS Editor capabilities and media library
- Images processing including types, sizes and resolutions
- Exploration of installed plugins
- Discussions on Pages vs. Posts
- Categories and uses within a site
- Adding a page as a link or a menu item
- Adding a post as a link or in a category
- Backing up the site
- Evaluating and adding a plugin or widget
- Review of online resources including WordCamp, WordPress.org and Meet-Ups
- Updating WordPress, themes or plugins
- Embedding audio and video
- Creating internal and external links
- Embedding links to PDFs
- This unique, comprehensive training course is delivered on location in 3 sessions over 3 weeks.
Course Fee: $1295.00 per person. HST extra
About The Instructor
Kent Tubman is the President of TUBMAN Marketing Inc., a full service marketing company specializing in designing, developing and hosting dynamic internet sites. He has being working with the Internet since 1992 – the World Wide Web as we know it was created in 1990. His graphic arts and publishing experience began in the early ‘80s with typesetters and copy cameras to the present day production of fully digital publications from conception to printing. Kent is active in the WordPress community, regularly attending WordCamps and local Meet-Ups. He and his family are active community members participating in a wide range of service clubs, organizations and boards.
For more information, please contact us.